Wednesday, May 30, 2012

LEGO sewing machine tutorial



LEGOs, LEGOs everywhere...I even have LEGOs in my coffee cup every day. My little ladybird puts one in each morning—with a great deal of exuberance. It is our funny ritual. She goes running to get a LEGO when she first sees me with coffee in hand.

Speaking of LEGOs...dum da da dum, drumroll please....so many people who read this blog or have stopped in for a visit are just here because of the little LEGO sewing machine that I made while daydreaming during a LEGO-building session with the kiddos two years ago (see post here). My little LEGO Bernina gets a lot of love on Pinterest. And my blog analytics tell me that that 3,885 people have looked at that post. Hilarious. It is my number one post. Many people have emailed asking for a tutorial or instructions on how to build it and several bloggers have built their own. I was even commissioned to make one for a complete stranger last summer. (Would you turn down $125?) If only the rest of my business may be as successful and well-loved as this little daydream cast-off!

So, without further adieu...here is the tutorial. Enjoy. I'd love to see what you make. For more LEGO inspiration see my LEGO love page here.

As far as assembling the pieces you will need, take a look at the Parts List and you will find that you probably have most of them already. If you are missing a piece or two, you can buy them online singly.

And just because it seems like a good idea, I should add: LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.

***My little Lego Sewing Machine may just be the little engine that could. Wanna see it produced by LEGO as a kit for sale? Let's do it! LEGO® CUUSOO is kinda like Kickstarter for supporting potential LEGO projects. You don't support it with money, just by voting for it!

It is a long shot but then again, I've had 6,000 hits on my tutorial in 4 days! Tell all your friends. GO VOTE FOR IT: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/18230#